30 June 2010

Mini Haul and Naked Ambition


Mini haul:
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Naked Ambition
Love My Nails Chrome Blue Angel
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Yellow Kitty
(Both Sally Hansen polishes were on sale at my Walmart for $3 each!)

I'm currently wearing Naked Ambition on my fingernails (see below) and I haven't tried out the blue chrome yet.

Last night I tried to do Yellow Kitty on my toenails but it did NOT work out. Yellow Kitty is the first good quality yellow polish I have ever bought in the 22 years of my life. I don't trust them. I bought a yellow polish when I was younger and attempted to wear it on my fingernails but it just made me look sick. It was pretty gross. So I bought this one with hopes that I could be able to learn the deceiving ways of the pastels and harness the proper coat thickness in order to make it look decent. No such luck. The weird Sally Hansen brushes coupled with my tiny toenails did NOT work out well. I actually ended up sitting on my foot on accident and smushing the polish all out of wack. It was promptly removed this morning. I will probably try Yellow Kitty on my fingernails in a few weeks. I haven't given up hope yet!


Nails of the Day
6/30/10
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Naked Ambition

Outside shots with crap weather lighting:
I rather like this color. Its a nice delicate pink with peachy undertones and a bit of glitter. It strikes me as a good conservative working environment color and I'll probably wear it to my first day volunteering with the Jacksonville Public Library this week. She said I'd probably have to wait upwards of 2 weeks to hear back but she emailed me literally 48 hours after I got fingerprinted to say I was approved. Stoked!

Back to the polish! Like I said, I like the color very much but its the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure brush I have a problem with. I have 3 different CSM bottles and each brush has a different cut and they're never even! Its very aggravating trying to brush off the excess polish when the brush is almost as wide as the bottle opening and the brush is square so you can't quite get the polish off in the neck as you'd like.

I don't think I'll be buying any more of the Complete Salon Manicure line because I don't want to deal with the brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails