20 October 2010

NOTD Checkerboard


Nails of the Day
10/20/10
Checkerboard Fingernails!




I've wanted to do this for so long now but I haven't had the appropriate opportunity to do so until this week. The Toasters come though Florida on a tour each Fall and since I haven't seen them since Warped Tour 07 (or maybe 06... I don't remember) I'm TOTALLY going. Plus they're playing less than 10 minutes from my house. Score!


So I used a base of Wet n Wild's Black creme (the best black polish ever). Then started doing white checkers. Turns out the white nail art pen polish kind of sucks so I had to go back again and color in the black squares. Then I'd color too much black and have to go in and redo the white so it was more opaque. All in all I did that for about an hour. Then I finished up with 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Insta Dri topcoat (also a favorite... more so than Seche!). I also learned that I probably could have started out with a white base and saved myself a lot of grief. Haha! I think this turned out rather rad, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Cute, bb! I think it turned out pretty neat. And yeah, those pens suck, I used them when I was first starting out, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, I love checkerboard prints.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails