01 October 2010

October!

Nails of the Day
10/1/10
China Glaze - Fortune Teller


I thought it was appropriate for me to break out Fortune Teller on the first day of October. I'be had this polish for a loooong time and I've been waiting for the right time for it. October is definitely the right time.
I actually layered one layer of Fortune Teller over over layer of Wet n Wild's Black Creme. I've always felt that FT looked strange having 3 layers of black jelly and glitter. Plus it would be MAD bumpy. This isn't as bumpy at all.

Used a new system for this manicure. I picked up Sally Hansen's Continuous Treatment in 'Growth' (the green bottle) and I'm going to be trying that out for the next couple weeks. The Nail Tek didn't give my basecoat anything to really stick to and after a day of wear the polish would start chipping at my nail corners. Fingers crossed that this one is better. So far so good. If its anything like its sister 'Hardener' I know I'll love it.

I also picked up OPI's Rapi-Dry at Ulta. I had originally grabbed OPI's nonquick drying topcoat but I decided to not even mess with it and exchange it this week. Did you know that Rapi-Dry is more expensive than the regular topcoat? Thats pretty weak! I'll write up a review next week!

Halloween decorations are up at Target! I couldn't resist the little pumpkin lights!!

4 comments:

  1. I had that same problem with the Nail Tek I tried; polishes that previously had behaved just fine started chipping like mad.

    I have to find my Fortune Teller ... I know it's in my stash somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I use Nail Tek, I could literally peel ALL of the polish off my nails! Sometimes its fun but most days its annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I layer FT over black too. Its less bumpy, looks the same, and takes fewer coats. I love the pumpkin lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always layer FT over black because I'm lazy and hate building up glitter.. I usually always layer my glitters over a matching basecoat. The only one I don't do that with is Atlantis, actually.

    Sooooo stoked for october and halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails