12 September 2010

Non Polish Related!

I found pictures of Nutella Swirled Pound Cake on Tumblr a few weeks ago and was eager to try my own version of it as soon as possible. It made me even more excited to use up a box of pound cake mix thats been in the pantry for months!

This is what I came up with!

1 box pound cake mix
1 bottle Nutella!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make cake mix as directed. Set up at least 16 cupcake liners. Fill liners half way with cake mix then spoon out a small dollop of Nutella and plop it in the center of the cake mix. You'll probably need to use your fingers... the Nutella is quite thick and doesn't spoon out as easily as the cake mix.

How much you add is really up to you. I definitely should have added more to my cupcakes (see below)! Next fill the rest of the liners up to about 90% with cake mix. Bake for 17-22 minutes. I personally baked mine for 19 minutes and they were PERFECT!


So break up the monotony of the work week with these amazing treats! I made them 2 hours ago and I've already eaten 2 of them!

No nail polish update today. I liked my manicure from yesterday so much that I'm leaving it on for another day! This is monumental, people!

2 comments:

  1. I love Nutella, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so yummy! I am going to try and forget I saw this lest my diet get even farther off track. :)

    I tagged you with the Sunshine Award:

    http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails